Verdun is the first multiplayer FPS set in a realistic First World War setting. The merciless trench warfare offers a unique battlefield experience, immersing you and your squad into intense battles of attack and defense.
The game offers 5 distinct game-modes with many historically accurate features such as realistic WW1 weaponry, authentic uniforms, horrendous gore, and maps based on the real battlefields of France and Belgium. The dynamic Frontlines game mode features 64 players taking turns to go over the top and attempt to capture the opposing trench line.
The game takes place on the western front between 1914 and 1918, in one of the bloodiest conflicts in world history. The developers were inspired by the infamous Battle of Verdun in 1916.
Verdun key features include:
- Experience World War One gameplay: Accurate weaponry with realistic bullet physics, skill based weapon handling, poisonous gas with a claustrophobic gas mask experience, horrendous gore effects, and ferocious artillery barrages
- Tactical squad-based FPS: 15 distinctive squad types representing soldiers from 5+ countries, each with distinct weapons and equipment
- True trench warfare: Real-time dynamic frontline with momentum based attack and counter-attack gameplay
- Authentic World War 1 setting: Typical WW1 music and style, historical battlefields representing the key theatres on the Western Front
- Challenging game modes: team-based Frontlines, tactical Attrition, skill-based Rifle Deathmatch, and relentless Squad Defense
WW1 on the Western Front
The gameplay in this true WW1 battlefield experience is as immersive and gritty as it can get, with features such as optional realistic gore which portrays the true horror of the First World War and authentic weaponry including artillery and gas. Weapons need to be handled with skill - each gun handles differently and there are no floating crosshairs to aid your aim, along with realistic bullet physics to contend with.
Battle your way across no man’s land to capture the next enemy trench line, before switching to defense to protect your gains in the Frontlines game mode. Keep your head down or quickly don your mask in the event of artillery strikes or gas attacks. This unforgiving war isn’t for the faint hearted!
Authentic World War One Setting
The WW1 Game Series currently includes Verdun and Tannenberg (set on the Eastern Front). These authentic WW1 shooters let players choose from a range of squads from across the war, as they fight for control of the ever-changing frontlines.